From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-15 21:57:28

  "Ingo Nolden" <nuttygraphics_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:20070515191535.399222F8109_at_wowbagger.osl.iu.edu...
  Hi,

  I am a bit confused about the purpose of GUID. My understanding was, that it is a user defined id for a class, so that the serialization mechanism knows what types to instanciate on load. I somehow assumed it to be a replacement (or equivalent) of the numbers in the class_id attributes.

  *** You're correct. But the GUID is used only when the more robust method of
  an archive local class ID is not possible.
  Robert Ramey