From: Ken Klose (ken.klose_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-18 09:13:21

When I built boost 1.33.1 with GCC 3.4.5 on WinXP I got 274 files in the
\boost\lib directory consisting of both DLLs and .lib files. When I built
boost 1.34 (following the new getting started directions) I only got 154
files in \boost\lib none were DLL or LIB, they were all .a files.

Interestingly when the 1.34.0 build starts I get "Unable to construct
./install-unversioned" messages that I don't get in the 1.33.1 build:
...found 1 target...

C:\src\c++\boost_1_34_0>bjam --toolset=gcc --prefix=C:\Boost1.34.0 install
Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
(don't panic: this is a strictly optional feature).
warning: Unable to construct ./install-unversioned
warning: Unable to construct ./install-unversioned
warning: Unable to construct ./install-unversioned

Thanks,
Ken