From: MOSS Sebastian (Sebastian.MOSS_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-18 14:20:06

Hi,

I'm trying to use the polymorphic interfaces so I can separate
components in a serialization library, however I'm having problems
resolving the following linker errors using vc71:

boost error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall
boost::archive::text_iarchive_impl<class
boost::archive::text_iarchive>::load(class std::basic_string<unsigned
short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short>,class
std::allocator<unsigned short> > &)"
(?load@?$text_iarchive_impl_at_Vtext_iarchive_at_archive@boost@@@archive_at_boost
@@QAEXAAV?$basic_string_at_GU?$char_traits_at_G@std@@V?$allocator_at_G@2@@std@@@Z
) referenced in function "private: virtual void __thiscall
boost::archive::detail::polymorphic_iarchive_impl<class
boost::archive::text_iarchive_impl<class boost::archive::text_iarchive>
>::load(class std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct
std::char_traits<unsigned short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> >
&)"
(?load@?$polymorphic_iarchive_impl_at_V?$text_iarchive_impl_at_Vtext_iarchive@
archive_at_boost@@@archive_at_boost@@@detail_at_archive@boost@@EAEXAAV?$basic_str
ing_at_GU?$char_traits_at_G@std@@V?$allocator_at_G@2@@std@@@Z)

and similar for the save interface.

I am getting a similar problem using the test example - verbatim - from
the doc page
http://www.boost.org/libs/serialization/doc/archive_reference.html#polym
orphic, even after explicitly declaring

template void
boost::archive::text_oarchive_impl<boost::archive::text_oarchive>::save(
std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned
short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> > const &);

Does anyone have any recommendations for this?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian

This e-mail contains information for the intended recipient only. It may contain proprietary material or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorised to distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it. Murex cannot guarantee that it is virus free and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from its use. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify immediately the sender and delete the original email received, any attachments and all copies from your system.