From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-21 12:31:25

Andreas Fabri wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the Intel 9 compiler for Windows
>
> $ which icl
> /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Compiler/C++/9.0/Ia32/Bin/icl
>
> and when I try to compile boost 1_34_0 with the command
>

> the shell stops more or less immediately at:
>
> compile-c-c++
> bin.v2\libs\test\build\intel-win\debug\threading-multi\execution_monitor.obj
>
> and a window pops up saying
>
> Windows cannot open this file: execution_monitor.obj.rsp
>
> What do I wrong?

Hmmm, works for me with Intel-8.1 and 9.0. I notice from your message above
that you're building with cygwin: it's best to use a regular windows build
of bjam and *not* a cygwin build, otherwise all the path names get messed
up. The windows build of bjam works well if you're building with cygwin gcc
as well BTW. So the first thing to check is that you aren't using a cygwin
build of bjam?

Then if all else fails, try putting a copy of user-config.jam (found in
tools/build/v2) in your cygwin home directory, then edit it to set up the
paths to your Intel compiler using something like:

using intel-win : 9.1 : "c:/program
files/intel/compiler/c++/9.1/ia32/bin/icl.exe" ;

After which you don't need the --toolset argument to bjam anymore, just do
a:

bjam intel install

and hopefully something useful will happen :-)

HTH, John.