From: Noah Roberts (roberts.noah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-21 18:50:22

To describe what I want to do I will use the following graph:

digraph G {
0[label="test1"];
1[label="test2"];
2[label="test3"];
3[label="test4"];
2->0 ;
2->1 ;
3->0 ;
3->2 ;
}

Now, what I want to do is two things. Both are for vertices such as 2.
  2 depends on 0 and 1, it has 3 as its only client. Is there a graph
algorithm that will extract those two subgraphs for me? Take any vertex
in a directer graph and give me a subgraph of all its descendants or a
subgraph for all its ancestors (I imagine those are two different
algorithms).

I looked at the connected components algorithms and none seemed to
apply. Still looking at others but there are a lot of functions. Any
ideas to narrow down the search?