From: Sohail Somani (s.somani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-21 22:28:02

Robert,

I've seen this thread here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/21885

And I believe I am coming across the same issue (static *serializer
instances) manifesting itself as an assertion failure:

Assertion failed: lookup(eti) == m_self->m_map.end(), file
vendor/boost/libs/serialization/src/extended_type_info.cpp, line 77

That assertion means that a type_info key is being registered twice.
I've verified this via cout (\o/ for debugging).

Now I am also of the opinion that there is no way to do this
initialization without bringing a threading library into
Boost.Serialization. From reading the comments in the code, it appears
that the only reason the library is using these singletons is because of
VC6. Is it possible to have some thread-safe way (perhaps via ifdefs?)
to do these singletons? Or do you think there is another reason I am
having this issue?

Thanks,

Sohail

PS: I'm using 1.33.1. If the issue is fixed in 1.34, I'd be very glad!