From: Nicolas Emiliani (or3st3s_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-22 15:09:15

Hi, I was programming a stupid server using boost::thread and boost::bind...

and sadly I encountered a problem... probably due to my inexpertice with the
library.

The thing is that i'm creting a boost thread object like this :

struct bla{
     void member(){}
}

bla b;

boost::thread t( boost::bind( &bla::member , &b) );

this works fine but, i need to bind a member pointer that returns an int, so
as i understand i need to do this :

boost::bind<int>( &bla::member_that_returns_int , &b)

but boost::thread won't accept it in the constructor...

So... what I'm asking is.... is there a trick to do this that I'm not aware
of?... basically what occucrred to me was
to encapsulate de method that returns an int using the () operator... but it
seems pretty nasty to me.

is there a way to do it staright forward with boost::bind?

thanks!

Nico