From: Chris Thachuk (chris.thachuk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-24 12:44:12

>I just plumb the Boost source files directly into my
> build system.

This does make the most sense for my situation. Do you just
add a "boost" subproject in your top level directory?

> In my case, I use CMake as a build tool, and my applications compile on both
> Windows and Linux (32 and 64 bit) without having to distribute any binaries.

I've now realized that as I've added more library dependencies (three in
addition to boost), my simple makefile approach is becoming very tedious.
I am very interested in using a build system like CMake, or boost.build.

CMake looks very easy to use, but how do you avoid using bjam to build the
boost libraries?

Have you created a 'CMakeLists.txt' file for each boost library to replace
the jam files (if so was this complicated)?

Or is there a simpler approach for this?

> I hope that this helps.
>
> Justin

This has already helped a lot. Thank you.

Chris