From: Peter Poulsen (peter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-30 03:48:14

I'm trying to build boost for an arm processor, but all the hidden bjam stuff is
simply to much, so I have to ask for help :)

All my build tools are in ~/arm-tools/. I'm on a Linux x86 and the cross compiler
I'm trying to use is a gcc version 3.4.4.

I have tried various build commands. The latest being:

~/boost_1_34_0 $ bjam --build-dir=/tmp/build-boost --toolset-gcc-3.4.4 --with-regex
-sGXX=arm-wrs-linux-gnueabi-g++ stage

But I still get:

~/boost_1_34_0 $ file stage/lib/libboost_regex-gcc34.so
stage/lib/libboost_regex-gcc34.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386,
version 1 (SYSV), stripped

Can anybody explain to me what I must do to compile boost-regex for arm?

btw I have found others trying to do the same but they seem to end up hacking the
bjam files, and I have no idea of how to that.

/peter