From: Andrew Holden (aholden_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-30 15:30:39

To make it like the Posix functions again, you would actually need to define _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_WARNINGS

In fact, there is something to be said for creating an environment variable called "CL" and defining it as:
"/D_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS /D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_WARNINGS /D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS"

If that doesn't work, try
"/D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE /D_SCL_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE"

This variable should silence all of Visual Studio's claims that perfectly standard functions shouldn't be used.