From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-31 05:31:04

Filip Konvi?ka ha escrito:

[...]

> Yes, I see we have similar ideas! What did you find intrusive about the
> macro?

The fact that one needs to do an explicit instantiation to get it working.
But I didn't know it was a requirement of the visualizing engine until I
read your explanation below. So I guess this is the best we can
do. Also, I see that the VISUALIZE_MULTI_INDEX_CONTAINER
macro is now cleaner, without the nasty ID parameter.

> The explicit template instantiation is as it seems indispensable,
> because the debugger can only work with types that are touched (and
> reported to the debuggger via debug info) by the compiler. This also
> explains why the debugger does not see type aliases (typedefs, global or
> local).

[...]

> From my point of view, this is more than I expected that would be
> possible, thanks very much for your assistance!

There's an obvious evolution path, namely supporting the rest of
node types. Random access should be straightforward, as elements
can easily be traversed in a linear fashion much as you're already doing with
sequenced nodes --so if you want some clues about that please tell me so.
As for the other node types (ordered and hashed) traversal is not that simple,
I guess it'd help a lot to see how the built-in visualizers for std::map and
stdext::hash_map are doing.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo