From: Jens Schluetter (jens.schluetter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-01 16:36:04

Hi,

I'm kinda stuck. I'm working on an inter op library to glue C++ code that
uses ptime with C# code that uses (of course) the .NET DateTime format.
Since the system needs the outmost performance I'm looking for a way to use
binary conversion. Conversion from .NET to ptime is easy since there is a
from_ftime<> conversion method, however the other direction is somewhat
blocked since no ptime to FILE_TIME conversion exists.
My current workaround is using ISO time strings but performance is somewhat
dismal since there is a lot of string <> binary conversion.
Does anyone know of a more straight forward (binary)way of converting? And
just in case, using regular time_t as common denominator is not an option
since at leas millisecond resolution is required.

I'd be greatful for any recommendations/ideas.

Cheers,
Jens.