From: Christopher Woods (cwoods_eol_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-04 10:39:46

Varadarajan, Satiamoorthy (GE Infra, Transportation) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is my first time to use Boost -librairies.
>
> I have created a Project folder where in my complete Software
> architeture is available.
>
> I have placed boost libraries downloaded from boost.org site within
> INCLUDE dir of VC 2005 Install directory.
>
> However I received many compilation errors. Can anyone help me to
> resolve these errors. Am I doing the right thing to get the CPP Software
> to compile.

Satia,

1) Don't put the Boost libraries and headers IN the INCLUDE dir of VC.
Install them to a separate location and then add the appropriate paths
to the INCLUDE/LIBRARY/SOURCE/etc locations within
Tools->Options->Projects->VC++ Directories.

2) You didn't say whether you downloaded the source code or the
pre-built binary installer. While a large portion of Boost is in fact
header-only, there are several libraries that do require you to build
them. If you downloaded the binaries then this has already been built
for you but if you pulled down the source then you need to check out the
"Getting Started Guide" included in the archive (zip/tar).

3) Try a small program scratch program that only brings in part of the
Boost functionality that you'll be working with to see if you are still
getting errors.

HTH,

-Chris