From: Prasanta K Chakravarty (prachakr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-05 01:48:48

Hi,

1) I have to generate unique id on the basis of file name and line no. For
that I am using macros __FILE__ and __LINE__. But __FILE__ is giving full
path with the file name and two double quotes at the begining and end(for
example, "C:\Project\Test\log.cfg" ). I need to get the unique id in the
format as <file name>_<line no>. For example if above is the file
description and let line no is 11, then the unique id would be log_11.
Please suggest.
2) I have to pass variable no of arguments in the macro. So, I want to use
Boost PARAM macro. For example, if LIST is the macro name and I want to
call it as LIST(MSG_ID, "good", 5, "failed", "50%", 10); Here parameters
are of different types, only the fist parameter is fixed that is string
type and always with same variable name. Other parameters will vary.
Please help me out in making the macro with variable no. of parameters.
Please suggest,

Thanks Prasanta