From: dx (dx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-05 14:34:08

Hello,

I'm having a hard time compiling boost on AIX using xlC.

1) My general question, is what steps have people taken to compile boost
on AIX using xlC?

- did you modify makefiles, and use gmake ?
- did you use bjam instead ?
- what changes are needed to various makefiles, etc., to compile on AIX
with xlC ?
- did you use gnu compatible xlc ?

2) Currently I'm attempting to build regex right now on AIX with xlC

I could compile it easily using gcc: gmake -fgcc.mak
But I can't using xlC.

I've modified generic.mak, to use xlC as the compiler, and it doesn't
get that far.
I'm using this within the */regex/build directory.

Warning messages that I've encountered so far include the following:
(these are just snippets)

The incomplete class "gcc_3_2_wknd" must not be used as a qualifier.

A non-type template parameter cannot have type "const bool"

After the warning messages are printed out, gmake returns Error 1:

gmake: *** [xlC/boost_regex-xlC-1_33_1/cregex.o] Error 1

Thanks for any help.

Don