From: Zeljko Vrba (zvrba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-06 03:49:53

The fusion library manual gives a single example and says "this is just
the tip of the iceberg". I was wondering whether the slides/materials
from the Boost Conference are available?

I'm most interested in the lectures "Boost Metaprogramming Concepts
and Frameworks" and "Fusion by example".

I'm in the process of (slowly) reading THE "MPL book" (by Dave and Alexei),
but I'm looking for more "down-to-earth" examples, rather than constructing
small DSLs or creating optimized versions of swap. Synopses of the above
lectures contain:

"We'll also get a taste of high-level metaprogramming abstractions by
using several Boost metaprogramming librariesMPL, Preprocessor, and the
Fusion tuple library to solve real problems."

"The emphasis for the examples will be on using Boost.Fusion in application
code, rather than as infrastructure for library developers."

I'm in the process of writing a recursive data structure with very similar
operations at every level, but still with small behavioral variations. It
seems like a perfect problem for metaprogramming, but I fail to map MPL's
type manipulation routines to my down-to-earth problem. I was hoping to
get some more insight in MPL from the materials for the abovementioned
lectures. Get a new perspective and background to keep in mind while
reading the MPL book.

So, I kindly ask Dave Abrahams, Dan Marsden and Joel de Guzman to make
their lecture materials available on-line, if possible.

Thanks and best regards,
  Zeljko.