From: bringiton bringiton (kneeride_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-13 10:51:18

I have a number of questions RE the astar-cities example.

Why is the distance_heuristic class needed. Is it used to find the
weight for a test vertex to the goal vertex? I put a breakpoint in
distance_heuristic::operator() and it never gets called. Is it ever
used?

astar_search
      (...
       distance_heuristic<mygraph_t, cost, location*>
      ...)

Do I have to define my own or supply an astar_heuristic? Or can I
pass a default heuristic?

astar_goal_visitor. Do I need to use this or can I pass a default
default_astar_visitor? Are there other ways of reaching a goal
without throwing an exception?

Thanks. Any advice appreciated