From: dx (dx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-15 09:13:29

I can now compile regex (Boost v1.33) using xlC v8.0, without any
modifications to any Boost src code,
except for the generic.mak found within the regex build area.

------- here are the details --------

I am now able to compile regex (Boost v1.33) using the following version
of xlC:
(version info returned by the command xlC_r -qversion)

IBM XL C/C++ Enterprise Edition V8.0 for AIX
Version: 8.00.0000.0012

(As mentioned previously I had been using V7.0 and I could not get it to
work.)

I compiled it within the directory:
$BOOST_ROOT/libs/regex/build

I modified generic.mak as needed, using xlC_r as the compiler, and ran
gmake.

**I did not need to make any modifications to any of the Boost source code,
as this process was defined on the IBM website for use with Boost V1.32
and I was compiling Boost V1.33**

Note that I have not yet tried to compile any other parts of Boost with
xlC V8.0.

Thanks for all of your input.