From: me22 (me22.ca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-16 23:55:50

On 16/06/07, Meryl Silverburgh <silverburgh.meryl_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Can you please tell me if i can do this with boost::thread library?
> 1. create a timer (say 5 seconds) which execute a function in a
> different thread when it expires.
> 2. the creator can cancel the timer before it expires.

It's not premade, but you could do it easily enough. Start a thread
which will wait (until an xtime), then call a function (stored in a
boost::function<void()> perhaps), so long as a flag isn't set (you
could make that in a shared_ptr<bool> to avoid lifetime worries).

Starting a thread for each one probably wouldn't be too scalable, but
it should work.

~ Scott