From: Bryan Green (bgreen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-21 22:33:30

frederic.bron_at_[hidden] writes:

> I have spent so much time to find how to build boost with only one combinat=
> ion of release/debug, multithreading, static/shared... that I want to recor=
> d the method in the archive for other potential
> users.

Thank you! I was just contemplating this problem today.
I have not tried your method, but I'm sure it will come in handy.
My sort-term solution to eliminating DSO's was to run

$ find ${myboostprefix}/lib --name '*.so' --exec rm {} \;

But that of course didn't help with the long boost build time.

Now if I could just figure out how to use GNU autotools/libtool to link
specifically against the boost static libraries instead of the dynamic
ones...