From: Michael Marcin (mmarcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-25 18:18:16

I have written type safe wrappers around some math operations that I
need to use everywhere and I expect and rely on them being equivalent to
the handcoded or macro based approach for performance reasons.

I tend to check the resulting assembly by hand every so often and it
surprises me from time to time to see that inefficiencies have crept in.

If I write a routine in C and a routine using the type safe wrappers
that I expect to have equivalent generated assembly is there a way to
test that this is indeed the case?

Can anyone else think of a better way to make sure that register usage
is optimal, proper inlining is occurring, etc?

Thanks,

Michael Marcin