From: Markus Grabner (grabner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-29 09:17:39

        Hi!

    For an application I'm writing, I need the match_results::captures
feature, which requires to recompile boost with BOOST_REGEX_MATCH_EXTRA. I
did so and globally installed the modified boost-1.33.1 on my machine.
However, several utilities installed on my machine that came with my Linux
distribution (openSUSE-10.2) don't work with the modified library
(including the yast2 package manager, which made it somewhat challenging to
re-install the original version). So I have two questions:

*) What is the recommended installation if applications requiring
BOOST_REGEX_MATCH_EXTRA must be installed on the same machine together with
applications that don't require this extension?

*) Are there any chances that future versions of the boost_regex library
will remove this compile-time distinction? Are the few extra bytes for the
(unused) m_captures member in sub_match really such a big problem?

        Thanks & kind regards,
                Markus

--
Markus Grabner - Computer Graphics and Vision
Graz University of Technology, Inffeldgasse 16a/II, 8010 Graz, Austria