From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-29 14:06:24

frederic.bron_at_[hidden] wrote:
> I am using boost 1.34.0
> I have built the boost libraries from cygwin but for no-cygwin
> environment (pure win32, independant from cygwin):
> - I have built bjam with: ./build.bat gcc-nocygwin
> - I have used bjam like this: path/to/bjam link=static
> threading=single runtime-link=shared --toolset=gcc-nocygwin
> --prefix="D:\Softs\boost_msw" --layout=system release install
> - I then use g++ with -mno-cygwin flag to compile and link
>
> Here is the trouble I get when I link a program that uses regex with
> the regex library:
> /cygdrive/d/Softs/boost_msw/lib/libboost_regex.a(static_mutex.o):static_mutex.cpp:(.text+0x1a):
> r'ef'erence ind'efinie vers << _pthread_mutex_lock >>
> /cygdrive/d/Softs/boost_msw/lib/libboost_regex.a(static_mutex.o):static_mutex.cpp:(.text+0x54):

> I have tried with threading=multi but obtained the same results.
> Maybe I should build the no-cygwin libraries totally outside cygwin,
> i.e. with a standalone compiler?
> Any tricks?

threading=multi is the default, and the cause of the error messages: the
regex lib is expecting a pthread lib. Try threading=single, or else build
with regular Mingw which I know does work :-)

Looks like a configuration issue: we should be using Win32 threads when
building with Cygwin and -mno-cygwin. I'll look into that when I get a
chance.

John.