From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-02 15:02:50

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Hartmut Kaiser <hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Lunes, Julio 2, 2007 8:23 pm
Asunto: Re: [Boost-users] [wave] thread safety???
Para: boost-users_at_[hidden]

> Ovanes,
>
> > I would like to start multiple preprocessing threads. Is wave
> > thread-safe or there some points I should take in account?
>
> Wave object instances are not thread safe. Wave doesn't contain
> any thread related code at all. You'll have to protect the
> wave object instances from thread related issues yourself.

Being thread-unaware does not mean your code is thread unsafe:
you're most likely providing the basic thread-safety guarantee
as defined in

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2007/n2298.html

as long as boost::wave::context etc. do not have class static
data.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo