From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-03 11:32:31

On Jul 2, 2007, at 6:57 AM, Boris wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 09:34:32 +0900, Douglas Gregor
> <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> According to http://www.boost.org/doc/html/signals/
>>> tutorial.html#id1627841
>>> the code above should work? However I can't compile it with VC++
>>> 2005 SP1.
>>> Anyone with the same problem? The error message I get is:
>>
>> The code supporting this feature was accidentally disabled for VC++
>> in Boost 1.33.1. This oversight was fixed in Boost 1.34.0.
>
> Doug, I upgraded now to Boost 1.34.0 only to run into another
> problem with
> Boost.Signal:
>
> [snip error]

> If required I can copy&paste the full error message (I only dropped
> the
> template parameters for better readability). Is this a known problem?
> Anything I can do about it?

It appears that we're running into a bug in Visual C++ 7.1's handling
of partial ordering of function templates. We'll need to find a
workaround and put it into Signals itself; I don't think it can be
done without changing the Signals library. Could you report this as a
bug at http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/report ?

        - Doug