From: Krishna Roskin (krish_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-03 16:46:53

On Jul 3, 2007, at 7:25 AM, David Abrahams wrote:

> on Mon Jul 02 2007, Krishna Roskin <krish-AT-soe.ucsc.edu> wrote:
>
>> When compiling this under GCC 4.0.1 I get an "'original_type' has
>> not been
>> declared" error in the function signature. The original_type in
>> the function
>> body is fine.
>>
>> If I change the type of initial_vertex and final_vertex to *, then
>> everything
>> works fine. Any idea why this code (which is almost the same as
>> the example
>> given for depth_first_search) doesn't work?
>>
>> Thanks for any help anyone can give and I hope everyone's having a
>> good summer.
>
> The answer is in http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1044
>
> I hope we'll have the fix in 1.34.1
>
> in the meantime I suggest you patch your local copy of Boost.

I downloaded that patch and applied it but it doesn't seem to fix the
issue. I even tried doing a _type in the return type of a
BOOST_PARAMETER_FUNCTION defined function (which is more directly
related to the ticket comment) but that didn't seem to work either.

Am I missing some other patches? Am I missing something obvious?

-krish

--
Krishna Roskin
Center for Biomolecular Science and Engineering, UC Santa Cruz