From: Chandan Nilange (chandan_nilange_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-04 12:52:33

Thank you John for your prompt reply.
  I tried the same example by replacing [:xdigit:] with [[:xdigit:]] in the expression
  However, I still do not get the desired match.

  Regards,
  Chandan

John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:
  Chandan Nilange wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Why does the boost regex sample program attached here,
>> doesnot generate match for character class [:xdigit:]
>> Do we need to enable this character class explicity?
>> If yes, how to enable it?

The expression "[:xdigit:]" that you're using will match any of the
characters ":", , "x", "d", "i", "g" or "t". Use "[[:xdigit:]]" to match a
hex digit character.

John.