From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-05 16:37:21

On 7/3/07, William Kemper <wkemper_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I know I'm not the first person to bring this up and it seems that some
> work has been done:
> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2006/03/102350.php . Does anybody
> know if Felipe has posted his code somewhere? Or when we might an
> implementation of asynchronous file I/O in asio itself? Failing that -
> is there some class in the library (or examples) which would be a
> suitable starting point or reference/guide for creating a non-socket
> asynchronous I/O service? Thanks in advance.

Hi William,

Unfortunately I never got to make it generic enough, with the breaking
changes in asio it became even worse. Since my time to work on this
have become more and more scarce I dont know when I'll have time to
continue this.
Just so that you know, opening files are *really* expensive, so if
your requirements include working with lots of files, AIO won't help
you much anyway. (::CreateFile is synchronous, and is dealt in a
thread pool, which is very unoptimal).

Best regards,

--
Felipe Magno de Almeida