From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-06 14:35:29

Don't be tooooo hasty.

These functions are implemented in a helper class which maintains
certain state information which shared_ptr needs to be correctly
loaded. Before, the shared_ptr helper was mixed in in such a
way that everyone had to include it. Now its only included if
it is deemed necessary. I deemed it necessary in the case of
the "standard" archives as that has the way it has always been.

In the case of packed_?archive one might or might not want
to include serialization of shared_ptrs as part of the archive.
If one is interested only in performance - one might want
to excluded it - (matching up loaded pointers can take
significant execution time. If one wants packed_?archive
to be totally compatible with other "standard" boost archives,
then the same shared_ptr mix-in helper should be added
there as well.

Robert Ramey