From: Ron Lau (ronyclau_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-07 14:23:54

Sorry, I have forgotten to write down the steps I have done.

After I have recompiled my iostreams library with zlib support, I have added
a line in the source code.

// ...
#include <boost/iostreams/filtering_streambuf.hpp>
#include <boost/iostreams/copy.hpp>
#include <boost/iostreams/filter/zlib.hpp>
#include "/boost_1_34_0/libs/iostreams/src/zlib.cpp" // New included file
added.

int main()
{
   // ... details
}

That line is required as the implementation details of some zlib-related
functions is placed in that file.
Although it is reported that in this post : "
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/16525/focus=16587",
statically-linked library under Windows does not require that line, I've got
those linker errors without it, as you did under Linux. And though the
Installation guide from the official documentation states that we have to
define "BOOST_IOSTREAMS_NO_LIB" too, I can compile the source code
successfully without it. Also, I have changed my command for compilation a
bit.

Command:
g++ -ozlib.exe -lboost_zlib-mgw34-mt-1_34 -lboost_iostreams-mgw34-mt-1_34
zlib.cpp

Built using statically-linked Boost 1.34 with Multi-threading, zlib, bzip2
support, MinGW g++ 3.42

--
Regards,
Ron Lau