From: Sean Cavanaugh (worksonmymachine_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-07 23:01:20

On 7/7/07, Sean Cavanaugh <worksonmymachine_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Ok well in trying to get the serialization library working on my
> environment, I am having trouble loading user types via pointer. I've
> simplifed the class in question down to a struct containing PODs. Changing
> the trivial example to save and load via a local stack variable ( i.e. ar
> & pass-by-reference) does work, however the real program I am trying to save
> a graph of structures foo with pointers to bar, I'm back to the original
> link error when trying to load the graph back, even when the root type
> passed into serialize is a reference type.
>

> My environment is WinXP w/ msvc8sp1 (aka visual studio 2005 sp1), and
> boost 1.34

Arg, I nailed down the problem, in that my codebase is compiled with
__fastcall as the default everywhere, and the templated boost code in my
namespace is trying to link against non-existant __fastcall version of lib
functions (as the jam built libs are likely using _cdecl). Has anyone run
into this and come up with a workaround (either in the headers or
recompiling all of boost as fastcall?)