From: Mike Higginbottom (mike_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-17 05:07:23

I have an application that needs to deal with floating time, UTC and local
time. I can use ptime to represent floating and UTC but there's then no
way to tell, for a given ptime instance, whether it represents a floating
time or UTC. I could use local_time with a null tz to represent UTC or
floating (seems like a hack and still only allows me one or the other
representation) and a non-null tz for local times. Given only two 'time'
classes (ptime and local_time) what's the best way to represent three
different time concepts? Should I inherit from local_time to give me my
three representations?

--
Mike Higginbottom
Paul Smith Computer Services