From: Peter Novak (pno-boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-17 09:44:33

Dear Boost users/developers,
first let me introduce myself to the list as I am newcomer here. My name
is Peter Novak and I am using Boost since few months in some of my
research projects.

I need to implement some extensive interprocess communication and as I
am already using Boost quite extensively, I looked a bit around and
found that there are Boost.Interprocess and Boost.Process libraries
hanging somewhere in the air. As I found, Interprocess by Ion Gaztanaga
was already accepted for Boost release last in February 2006. Since
then, we already saw 1.34 release, which did not include this
library(why?), although it is already included in the CVS tree. Finally,
there does not seem to be any special review notice, or any other remark
about the fate of the Process library by Julio Vidal, although it was
written in the frame of the SoC project last year and did not seem to
receive negative comments on the developer's list.

Is there somebody who could update me on the fate of these libraries? I
mean whether they will be included (Interprocess) in the next Boost
release, and if so, when is the next version of Boost scheduled to be
released? Are there any considerations to submit Process library for
review, or was it dismissed without a proper review process?

As of now, I am considering to incorporate the Interprocess library into
my source tree anyway and one day when the next Boost version will be
released, I will migrate my package to the version included with the
Boost 1.35(?).

Thanks for your comments and help.

Best,

Peter.