From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-17 11:44:59

Ovanes,

> I looked through the wave Jamfile.v2 and was able (???) to
> fix compilation and linking errors of a newer wave release.

Thanks a lot! I'm really sorry to not having been able to look at your
problem yet.

> First error was that I could not build wave only lib. This
> was caused by the line nr. 34 (RC3) there is written:
>
> /boost/filesystem//boost_filesystem
>
> The correct filesystem reference at least on my Windows XP
> VC80 Express Edition machine is:
>
> /boost//filesystem

I never saw this syntax before, but I'm not a Boost.Build expert. So I
changed the Jamfile accordingly.

> The next issue relates to the changes you did where linking
> errors happen. To fix this issue I added a dependency (don't
> know if this was a correct way to do...) to the thread library:
>
> /boost//thread
>
> At the line 35. This dependency is only needed if wave head
> is compiled.

Yes you need to reference Boost.Thread as well.

> I still have a problem that during the initialization phase
> of wave/spirit's static variables my app crashes. May be you
> can currently switch off the multi-threaded support in the
> head revision (or make it available via a macro???), so that
> I can take files with the conditional processing feature
> only.

All you have to do to disable threading support is to define
BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS during compilation of Wave (at least that's the idea).

> Otherwise I am currently blocked because I can either
> select MT with conditional processing (=>app crashes) or ST
> without conditional processing. Would be great to get ST with
> conditional processing.
>
> The app crashes during the parsing of file:
> boost\wave\util\cpp_macromap_predef.hpp line 166.
>
> // __SPIRIT_PP_VERSION__/__WAVE_VERSION__
> boost::wave::util::time_conversion_helper const
> compilation_time(__DATE__ " " __TIME__);
>
> May be there is an assertion, but Visual Studio unfortunately
> does not show this.

Hmmm, this might be an initialization sequence problem. So I changed the
implementation of the predefined macro support (CVS::HEAD). Now it should
work, could you please try?

Regards Hartmut