From: Niko Vuokko (niko.vuokko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-18 08:02:17

I understand how to make option values unicode, but don't know how to make
something like

generic->add_options()
   (L"ärrä,ä", L"ä option")
;

work correctly. Looking at the headers it looks like this is impossible,
because operator() is not a template<charT> class as many others.

Another thing: How can I make the default argument not to show in the
options_description printing and change the "arg" argument placeholder?
Right now

("dir,d", po::value<string>()->default_value("."), "dirDesc")

prints out

cout << *opts; ->

-d [--dir] arg(=.) dirDesc

I would like to just write

-d [--dir] path dirDesc

The module tutorial tells (Multiple sources example) of the possibility to
get

  --optimization n : optimization level
  -I [ --include-path ] path : include path

where path is written instead of arg, n instead of arg, and the default
value 10 is not printed, but compiling the code and testing it gives out

  --optimization arg (=10) optimization level
  -I [ --include-path ] arg include path

What's wrong? I have boost-1.34.0.

niko