From: Edd Dawson (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-26 00:22:43

Ovanes Markarian wrote:
> AFAIK Peter Dimov did some technology evaluation and implementation for futures. I also saw that
> Howard Hinnant was working on futures. May be there are already some implemenations which prove
> the concept.
>
> Boost Vault contains them at:
> http://boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=Concurrent%20Programming

There's another (very rough) implementation of futures here:

http://www.mr-edd.co.uk/?p=56 (code download at the end of the post).
http://www.mr-edd.co.uk/?p=54 (design and implementation details for my futures).

It doesn't match the futures proposed for standardisation, but there is a large
amount of overlap in terms of functionality. Perhaps it goes some way towards a
proof of concept...?

I'm still plugging away at the code and have implemented a couple of additional
features not mentioned in that post, including "future references" and better
exception safety. I hope to post updated code over the coming weeks.

Edd