From: Yuval Ronen (ronen_yuval_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-29 11:28:50

The Asio docs for deadline_timer::cancel say that "This function forces
the completion of any pending asynchronous wait operations against the
timer". Let's say I have a thread executing io_service::run, and is now
invoking a completion handler of a deadline_timer. While this completion
handler is underway, a second thread is calling cancel() on that
deadline_timer. Is the cancel() call supposed to block until the
completion handler is finished? To my best understanding, both according
to the docs, and according to what seems to be logical to me, the answer
is "yes, it should block". However, it doesn't. Is it a bug, or by design?

Yuval