From: KSpam (keesling_spam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-03 00:49:27

My projects need to define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN. Unfortunately, they receive
many compilation warnings due to macro redefinition in the following Boost
headers (1.34.1).

boost/iostreams/detail/system_failure.hpp
boost/spirit/iterator/impl/file_iterator.ipp

I understand that I can avoid the need to define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN by
ensuring that Boost headers are always included prior to <windows.h>. I do
not like the idea of include order dependencies, as I am certain that I will
come back to bite me down the road.

Another option would be to turn the particular warning off; however, I would
rather not do this.

Would it be prudent to patch the Boost headers to only define
WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN if it is not already defined? If not, is there another
solution that I am overlooking.

Thanks,
Justin