From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-09 15:14:38

Eric,

many thanks for you help. I will try doing it until Monday. Some additional question: fusion v2
will be a separate lib, so the path boost/fusion instead of boost/spirit/fusion is fine?

With Kind Regards,

Ovanes Markarian

On Thu, August 9, 2007 21:02, Eric Niebler wrote:

> Ovanes Markarian wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am using fusion v2 in my project and first would like to thank for the great lib. I installed
this lib into the boost/fusion directory.

>> Today I started using xpressive lib (which is also a great one!!!). Unfortunately xpressive broke
>> my compilation, because it includes things from boost/spirit/fusion and my code includes
headers from boost/fusion. Now my assumption: AFAIK spirit/fusion contains version 1. Since I
would like to use version 2 I can not simply copy it into the spirit directory, since it can
break other things like wave. Is it correct? If yes, does anyone have suggestions on how I
should deal with this issues?

> I can infer from this that you're using boost 1.34.1 or earlier, and you've copied boost.fusion
from svn HEAD into the tree, right? Xpressive isn't expecting to find Fusion v2 in Boost 1.34,
hence the problem. You'll need to hack on xpressive a bit to make this work. In
> xpressive_fwd.hpp, you should add something like
>
> #if BOOST_VERSION >= 103500
> #ifndef BOOST_XPRESSIVE_FUSION_V2
> #define BOOST_XPRESSIVE_FUSION_V2
> #endif
> #endif
>
> Then everywhere xpressive conditionally includes fusion v1 or v2, you should check
BOOST_XPRESSIVE_FUSION_V2 instead of the boost version. You'll need to do something similar in
proto_fwd.hpp (#define
> BOOST_PROTO_FUSION_V2) and all of proto's headers. Then you'll be ableto force the issue by
compiling with BOOST_XPRESSIVE_FUSION_V2 and