From: Bill Buklis (boostuser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-09 19:19:05

That I knew already. I was just wondering out loud that if only two
arguments <*,*> were specified in the visualizer would it still work for a
type that included a custom allocator. I looked at how std::vector,
std::list, etc are specified and none of them include the extra parameter
for the allocator. So, I'm guessing that it would. Either that or the
default visualizers are incorrect.

As an aside, I've discovered that the $T1,$T2, etc. seem to go by the
"asterisks" and not by the template arguments. Given class_name<void**,*>
for example $T3 represents the second template argument. Go figure. At least
that was the case when I did the visualizer for
boost::void_ptr_iterator<void**,*> (used by ptr_array).

> BTW, I use multi-template-argument matching in multi_index_container
> visualizers when I need to pass exactly the same template arguments to
> another templates, but never when accessing the actual template argument
> for type casts etc.
>
> Now please could you upload the most recent version of your visualizers
> to the boost vault at
>
> http://boost-
> consulting.com/vault/index.php?directory=Debug/Visualizers_MSVC_8

Now uploaded. The following containers and associated iterators are included
in this file:
        array
        ptr_array
        ptr_deque
        ptr_list
        ptr_map
        ptr_multimap
        ptr_set
        ptr_multiset
        ptr_vector

> ? Please if you do also attach some license info, as I did with
> boost__multi_index_container.msvc8.vis.txt. If you want, you can add
> similar comments/headers into your file(s), otherwise I kindly ask you
> for permission to do this myself. Of course you keep all the credits!
>
> Thanks,
> Filip

I followed your example and placed similar information at the top of the
text file. If it's not right or something's missing, you are free to modify
the file as necessary. Just let me know, so I can update my local copy to
match.

-- Bill Buklis --