From: Jeshua Bratman (bratman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-10 17:10:34

Robert Ramey wrote:

> Double check that you're using the macro outside any namespace.
>
> Double check that the EXPORT is in the same module as the headers
>
> Double check - for 1.33 that the archive headers are before the export
> header.

hmm. this is all correct in my code. In fact, this trivial piece of code
does not compile:

#include <boost/serialization/base_object.hpp>
#include <boost/archive/text_oarchive.hpp>
#include <boost/archive/text_iarchive.hpp>
#include <boost/serialization/export.hpp> //AFTER all archive
headers

//BASE
class base
{
public:
  virtual void virt_func() = 0;
};
BOOST_IS_ABSTRACT(base);

//DERIVED
class derived : public base
{
public:
  void virt_func() {}
};
BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT_GUID(derived,"derived") //no namespaces here

//MAIN
int main(){return 0;}

Is this code correct? Does it compile for you?

> Check test export and compare it with your own code.

What do you mean by "Check test export"?

Thanks for all the time you're putting into helping me,

Jeshua