From: gast128 (gast128_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-13 05:16:20

Fei Liu <fei.liu <at> aepnetworks.com> writes:

> Hi Group,
> I am getting multiple warning messages like the following from boost
> serialization library:
> /usr/include/boost/archive/detail/iserializer.hpp:124: warning: unused
> parameter 'flags'
>
> I am pretty sure this is a common issue but I haven't found any clue
> through the web. Is there a way to turn off the warning through proper
> coding? I am using gcc on linux.

We are not using gcc here, but with Visual Studio one can supress these
warnings like (example of using text archives):

#pragma warning(push)
#pragma warning(disable: 4100)
//c4100: unreferenced formal parameter
#include <boost/archive/text_oarchive.hpp>
#include <boost/archive/text_iarchive.hpp>
#pragma warning(pop)

Probably gcc has similar features.