From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-13 12:24:46

if you want to suppress object tracking for a particular class

BOOST_CLASS_TRACKING(SomeStruct, boost::serialization::track_never)

as described in the manual Reference/Special Considerations/Object
Tracking.

Of course you must realized that if you do this and you serialize pointers
you're
exposed to the risk that when you load the archive multiple pointers to
a unique object you're not going to the same thing when you load it. Your
going to get each pointer pointing to a different (and new object).

Robert Ramey

gast128 wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I was trying to use the Boost Serialization library again, but I ran
> into a problem which cost me a full day. The Boost Serialization
> library is a very handy library, but often when I use it I run into
> problems which cost me days.
>
> This time I try to serialize just 'track_never' objects. First of all
> the compiler firewall which is built in the library does not work
> when using the nvp macro:
>
> void Foo()
> {
> boost::archive::xml_oarchive oa(...)

  const SomeStruct s; // const described in rationale