From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-15 04:49:33

Sohail Somani wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In the upgrade to boost 1.34.1, I noticed that the sunpro_cc.hpp
>>> config file now defines BOOST_NO_IS_ABSTRACT for the latest
>>> compiler. This
>>> affects serialization code that used to work with 1.33.1.
>>>
>>> The relevant change is here:
>>> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/32005
>>>
>>> I'm wondering, why was this change made since it seems to work?
>>> There is
>>> no ticket referenced in the commit.

There's no ticket because it's a two year old change: long before the move
to TRAC :-( I don't have access to the Sunpro compiler, so this would have
been in response to a user report, or a regression failure somewhere. Sun's
compiler has made a lot of progress recently, so it's quite possible this is
no longer needed.

>> Is boost/config/user.hpp a good place to override this?

Yep, define BOOST_NO_COMPILER_CONFIG, and then add any compiler macros you
do still need.

HTH, John.