From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamboostorgtrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-16 13:30:42

Hi Christian

> I wonder if it is possible to use events for passing in data to
> states.

Yes, it is. You can define a transition action, which receives the
triggering event as a parameter. Problem is, the UML standard mandates that
the transition action is executed when all states of the origin state
configuration have been left and before any of the states of the destination
configuration are entered. Only the innermost common context or any of its
contexts can therefore store the event data.

> I even cannot find some hints in the statechart
> documentation how to determine in some state which event caused a
> transistion to the this state!

There is a to-do item (no. 2) for this:

<http://www.boost.org/libs/statechart/doc/future_and_history.html#ToDoList>

Please let me know whether that would cover what you need.

Thanks,

--
Andreas Huber
from the address shown in the header.