From: Bruce Reid (b.reid_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-16 18:03:23

Sohail Somani <s.somani <at> fincad.com> writes:

> Bruce Reid wrote:
> >Yes, it is regrettable, but unfortunately, building with native tools is not
> > an option for this application.
> >
> Instead of asking bjam to build it for you, why don't you use your own
> build system? It would be much less headache in this case.
> There isn't really much that isn't transferable (besides the conciseness.)

Hi, and thank you for this suggestion. I have had no prior experience with the
Boost tools, and until this recent attempt to use the serialization lib, had
never before heard of bjam, 'build systems', etc. I'm an old-fashioned makefile
kind of guy; I might have some hope of succeeding with this effort if I were
dealing with a familiar environment like that.

My management has encouraged and agreed with the decision to abandon my attempt
to apply a third-party tool to this project. With that, and due to time
constraints, I have moved on. If I should have occasion to try again in the
future, and have the luxury of sufficient time to embark on the research needed
to understand what you mean by a 'Build System', then I'll be more fortunate
than I am currently.

Thanks again for the suggestion,
Bruce