From: Venkat Rangan (venkat.rangan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-18 11:37:57

John,

Thanks for following up. We know the size of the buffer we allocated. A
workaround is to insert a NULL character at the end of the buffer, but
given that these messages are created elsewhere in other components and
are delivered to our search module, we do not have an opportunity to
insert NULL character, forcing a copy to separate buffer under our
control.

The ideal interface would be:
1) terminate when NULL character is found
2) if NULL character not found, terminate when end marker is reached.

-venkat