From: Marc Viala (mviala_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-20 14:30:48

Hi,

I've recently downloaded the new Boost 1.34.1 Windows Installer and
tried to use it but I've met some linking troubles in conjunction with
Boost.Iostream & Zlib compression scheme.

To explain that, I've just tried to compile w/ VC++7.1 this code
snippet:

#include <boost/iostreams/filtering_streambuf.hpp>
#include <boost/iostreams/copy.hpp>
#include <boost/iostreams/filter/gzip.hpp>

#include <iostream>
#include <sstream>

namespace io = boost::iostreams ;

 // Zlib compression
void compress(std::istream& is, std::ostream& os)
{
  io::filtering_streambuf<io::output> out ;
  out.push(io::gzip_compressor()) ;
  out.push(os) ;
  io::copy(is, out) ;
}

void main()
{
}

The VC++ linker complains that "boost_zlib-vc71-mt-gd-1_34_1.lib"
library can't be opened from the Boost installation library path. I've
checked it and didn't find any "boost_zlib*" library in the
distribution.

I've read the "Getting started documentation" and I've found "no
specific configuration" for Boost.Iostream with Zlib. I've surely missed
something but... I've also went through the boost user-list archive
unsuccessfully.

Any help or suggestion will be welcomed

Marc Viala