From: Christian Bähnisch (christian-baehnisch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-22 04:47:53

I'm working on a controller connected to a external device through a
serial port.
I have to process events triggered by the device which can be group into
several
categories like simple status events "My firmware has version XXXX" or
"the result of my last working step was XXXX"
as you can see my events carry data. I want to encapsulate this
communication events in statechart events, so I can
change to states depending on the event's category, and then make further
processing where I have to extract data I have passed into them.

I thought this would be a common use case for a statechart appproach ...