From: Fletcher, Matthew (Information Technology) (Matthew.E.Fletcher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-22 10:52:32

Yes the stack trace seems incredibly deep for calling one line of boost
code (over 200 depth). I was hoping someone might guess what is going
wrong from the structure of the stack trace. I have looked through every
frame but can't see anything unusual, but the very fact it is so deep
feels wrong. The top-level object being serialized has some structure
but is not particularly complicated.

Yes it has worked in the past and works for small data sets now. However
I did not write the original code and suspect there may be some subtlety
which is leading the serializations to blow up in size and I can't find
it. Even seemingly small examples give rise to serializations of several
megabytes. The stack is of the order of 1Gb and cannot be easily
increased but I suspect the stack/heap size just lets it get into such a
deep mess before finally dying and the real problem is some conceptual
mistake in how my class's serialization has been implemented.

Matt